Everyone has a story to share! I want to share yours.
I am the Atlanta Bureau Chief for Nexstar Media Group. Nexstar owns nearly 200 TV stations in more than 100 cities across the United States. We reach 60%+ of US households and 100 local news websites and 300+ apps. As an Atlanta based correspondent, I cover TV news stories focused on politics and health.
If you would like to be interviewed for a TV news segment, here are some guidelines:
To help streamline our interview, please email B-roll (pictures, videos) for the story (via WeTransfer) to my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is your first on-air TV interview, don’t worry! I’ve created an interview checklist to make this process easier.
Please complete the media form with a 2 line story summary:
- Stories are about people for people
- Be specific on the who, what, where, when, why and how
- Use analogies or comparisons to break down complicated details
- Share specific information on the new, now, and next
- A few facts or stats are helpful to put things in context
- How do you feel about this topic? Share your unique perspective
- Speak conversationally with “one thought per sentence”
- People want to know who the story benefits and who is most impacted
- Stories should have an emotional connect and be memorable
- Speak in your own voice, be authentic and give people a reason to care
- Your audience is typically a 25-54 year old TV news viewer
- A great story should have a beginning, middle and end!
Thank you and good luck!